Saturday, December 27, 2008

SK8! Page Fifteen!


I remember thinking about Frank Miller's Sin City when I was doing this page, but for the life of me, I have no idea why. There certainly are a lot of bricks in this one. Bricks are pretty easy to do, I am always searching for new ways to do them. This is one way.
I loved wrecking that cop car in the last panel.
More ads here for the Velvet Bats show, as well as a possible Senate bit by Mayor Benito. Benito's avatar was more ambitious and shot for President (although it looked like he was trying only for President of Florida in the primaries). I liked the name "Century Inquisitor" - there are far too few newspapers named the Inquisitor, probably because too few actually do that sort of job.

Matt Sez: "Not too long ago Scott went to a comic con and did a portfolio review in which a self-appointed expert critiques your hard work. For those of you who’ve never done it, it’s kind of like dropping your pants in public and having teenage girls point and giggle. Know what the genius said to Scott after perusing artwork such as this page? “You’re almost there, kid!” Fucking editors. The last good one was me."

In the editor's defense, I *was* almost there, since I am reporting from "there" now. It's nice to be here, so glad you could all join us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home