Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Eight Immortals! Page Twenty-Two!



Page 22! Click on the above image in order to get a better view-

The main Villain confronts Emperor Chin. When I used reference for Emperor Chin, I kind of steered away from thinner representations of him, just as the previous engravings of Lincoln were a little uglier than the current 5 dollar version. The current $5 makes him look like a super-hero, plays down his moles/growths, his uneven features, his lazy eye and his general disheveled appearance, and it made me a little angry, so I was careful to use a little less flattering version of Chin.

If I remember right, matt had it that Chin had made a deal with this Villian/demon to unite China under one rule and the guy comes to extract payment.
Chin responds with a command to his army,
Villian/demon laughs, confronts and then dispatches Chin's army - Old School.

Matt's Comments-
"Here’s the dialogue for this page: 'I’m Mister Heat Miser! I’m Mister Hundred and One!'”

Hey, just 'cause his head's on fire doesn't mean he's Heat Miser. The ref I took was thousands of years old, well established, and created well before Rankin and Bass hit the world up with their greatness.

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Blogger Isaac said...

Awesomely rad.

Clearly you need to be drawing more comics where folkloric characters slaughter crowds with thunderbolts.

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Isaac said...

... But then I wonder: where did all the other super(natural)-villains go?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home