Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Eight Immortals! Page Twenty-Four!



Click on the above image for a larger view.

Aaand we end on a cliff-hanger. That's the way of the Eight Immortals, always leave you hanging. I hope you enjoyed this presentation of the Legends of the Eight Immortals.

I have a script for the next story, one starring Hirohito, the Hermit and his apprentice. Maybe I'll pace that one out and draw it during the summer. After Legion of Three Worlds is completed George is taking a break from the continuity grind for a month and drawing all sorts of commissions, so maybe I'll be able to squeeze a few pages in while I'm doing whatever is next at Marvel. Who knows? It feels like I could draw these guys for an eternity, perhaps I will be granted the chance by eating the Peach of Immortality and dipping my ink into the Well of Forever.

Matt has the last word on these guys-
"Writing is a drug. Anyone who says different is a bad writer. The world disappears and the hours slip away as fantasy becomes reality. Immortals was a neuron bender of Woodstock proportions. I remember loving every minute of it, but sobriety gives the happy memory a bittersweet sting. Is it really better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? I used to think so, but these days I’m not so sure. . ."

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM , Blogger Isaac said...

Wow. I love that last panel. The contrast between light and dark really works excellently there. And I love the design of the major baddie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home