Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SK8! The Cover to Issue 2!


I love this cover to this day. It would have been a really fun issue - if I remember right, Penance rides his motorcycle through a church in the attempt to destroy SK8, where they both wind up in a hidden chamber below the pulpit. Sk8 accidentally brushes his hand across an ancient knight from the crusades, a knight who, like Lazarus, remember, SK8 has all the powers of one of the previous messiahs, arises from the dead.

Here he is in all his glory. I drew this in 1999, at the Starbucks on Spring Street and Broadway, they had nice tables there and Jesse and I were driving each other crazy working in the same 210 square foot apartment, we both had different needs for work, I needed music, she was writing, so music was counterproductive. Nowadays I have wireless earphones. I apologize to all my former neighbors.



Another shot of the Knight, this one is my favorite. He really would have been so much fun to draw next to SK8.



He was going to wind up fighting the Deacon from the church, who would turn into this dragon.



Really for no other reason then he'd need a dragon to fight.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM , Blogger Isaac said...

DAMN -- I had no idea SK8 was going to be so insane! That's awesome, crazy stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home