Monday, November 02, 2009

Character Designs for the Knights of Hykon!

Issue 5 of Uncanny X-Men: First Class comes out on the 11th - next week. Here are designs for three of the Knights of Hykon (there are more, a few of whom will be revealed in issue 5). I've had a lot of fun with these characters - they are the first I've gotten to design since I drew the issue of Marvel Adventures Spider-Man that has yet to come out. The first three Knights have appeared in the last page of issue 4, which I got to sneak in and draw on David's watch (my thanks to David) -I posted that page a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with the way issue 5 looks and I LOVE how issue 6 has turned out, the first 8 or 9 pages of issue 6 I consider the best I've ever done, (so far).


and a little teaser panel from the book, part of one of my favorite panels - I won't show you who Colossus is hitting, but he's trying awfully hard, isn't he?



I also drew the next issue of Wolverine: First Class, issue 21, which comes out 14 days after the Uncanny book. Here's a bit of a sneak of a panel in the book. Wolverine looking appropriately ...wolverine-ish.



I urge you to accidently get turkey drippings on the pages, as the book comes out the day before Thanksgiving.

Then just a short 2 weeks after that, issue 6 of Uncanny X-Men: First Class hits the stands! And I'll be on issue 7, to start the new year off with a nice bang. Whew!

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM , Blogger Fred said...

Hi Scott, do you sell any of your art? If so, where can I take a peek? I love your stuff and especially connected with your Marvel Adventures Avengers material.

Thanks for your work!

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger Scott Koblish said...

Hi Fred!

It's funny you ask, after mostly keeping it all in boxes for 17 years, I decided about two months ago to start selling it. We're in the process of cataloguing it all, it's around 1,500 pages, in the next month (or so) I'll have a good handle on what's there and I'll try and tell folks about it. The pile is over 2 feet high - and if I had to guess, I'd say it's only about 3/8ths of everything I've inked or pencilled... it's weird how it adds up.

I'm glad you liked Marvel Adventures Avengers! Boy, I loved that book, what a great cast, great scripts, Manuel was fantastic to work with. I really enjoyed myself there. I didn't really connect with Giant Girl's costume, but I thought she was a fun character...

 
At 4:42 AM , Blogger Fred said...

I loved that MA Avengers book. I still consider it some of Parker's best work and Garcia is a great artist, whose pencils jump off of the page with the right inker. I look forward to the possibility of getting my hands on a page or two from you. Thanks for the reply!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home