Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm the Zelig of Comic Books!


In a horrible moment of clarity, I realized that somehow i've become the Zelig of Comic Books - there at the scene, but completely unrecognized. I used to think it was because I just kept my head down and stayed out of politics at the companies I worked for, but I met Ed Brubaker at the Los Angeles Comic Book Convention, Tom Brevoort introduced me and Ed had a completely blank look on his face. I know he must have read a least a few of Mark Waid and Ron Garney's Captain Americas, everybody talks about them, but no recognition whatsoever crossed his synaps.

Your favorite Moon Knight comic from 1993? I was there. Your favorite run of Captain America from the mid 90's? There. That odd Electra book with Deodato on it? The end of Excalibur? That weird run of Hulk issues where Dr. Banner never turnes into the Hulk? The last issue of G.I Joe? X-Men/Star Trek? Superman 1 Million? Electric Superman? Perez's Avengers? All that MC2 weirdness that's come out in the last few years- those Last_ Standings? The giant Spider-Man above Universal's Marvel Restaurant? Spider-Man Cereal? Stan Lee Media? That Spider-Man statue behind Stan in this photo? Frank D'armata bought it and I pitched in 20-


Maybe it's just in the nature of an inker or a colorist, or a letterer, or an editor.

Well, hopefully The Weaopn will shift a few things around. Have I mentioned the Weapon this week?
I will in the next post - I'll give a sketch - ink and final for the Weapon cover...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home